A Little Compassion Inc. Is Growing!
We’re looking for a dynamic and energetic person to join us as part time (15-20 hours per week) Fundraising Coordinator for a 3 month project based position. Check out the complete job description below. Get in touch with us by emailing your resume and cover letter if you are looking to be part of a small but mighty non-profit team that is making a difference in the lives of young adults with autism, IDD or neurodiversity!
No phone calls please. Position will be listed until filled.
Part Time Position – 20 hours per week
Temporary 3 month position
Pay Rate – $17-20/hr
Reports to Executive Director
A Little Compassion Inc. Organizational Profile
A Little Compassion, Inc. (ALC) is an IRS 501(c)(3) approved non-profit founded in 2018 with a mission to change the lives of young adults with autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, or neurodiversity by creating employment and social opportunities to nurture their unique skills, strengths and preferences. ALC also takes the lead in increasing public awareness and acceptance that young adults with disabilities are vital and valuable community members.
The Nest Coffee House, the flagship program of ALC, understands that finding your place in the world can be tough – especially during the formative young adult years – and it is even tougher for a young adult with autism, an intellectual or developmental disability. The Nest Coffee House provides employment and social opportunities for these young adults who need an opportunity to shine. The Nest is a place where young adults with disabilities gain work experience and confidence in a setting that is grounded in acceptance, inclusion and support. It is also a place where our community gathers and sees young adults with disabilities as valuable and productive members of our community.
The Fundraising Coordinator provides support for the operation, activities, and functions of the fundraising initiatives for the organization. This position plays an essential role in helping A Little Compassion Inc. (ALC) achieve its fundraising revenue goals, increase donor participation, and improve donor retention.
The Fundraising Coordinator helps plan, organize, and execute donor-centered documentation, including customized and standard donor reporting (e.g. financial reports, program participant profiles, impact reports), participant engagement initiatives (e.g., impact videos), donor recognition events (e.g. gatherings, dedications, etc.), and consistent donor correspondence and communications – all which serve to engage donors and foster lasting relationships.
The Fundraising Coordinator is an important partner to the Executive Director in helping to identify programmatic and operational improvements to ensure the continued growth and enhancement or ALC’s fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate the implementation of fundraising efforts for online giving, email solicitations, Crowdfunding, Giving Tuesday, one-day giving challenges, Facebook fundraisers, digital ads, and other emerging technologies.
- Manage donor data base by maintaining accurate donor records including contact information, giving history, notes related to solicitors’ relationships and interactions with donors.
- Manage donor communications, reporting needs and fundraising campaigns in the CRM (Neon).
- Support the implementation of donor appreciation and recognition programs and events, including creating donor recognition lists for publication.
- Serve as liaison to Fundraising Committee, which includes handling meeting logistics, preparing materials for meetings, attending meetings, providing reports on donor activity and gathering information as needed.
- Work with Fundraising Committee to support special events such as the annual Water Lanter Celebration. Includes coordination of logistics, materials, sponsorship fulfillment, and volunteers.
- Assist in the planning and development of operating policies and procedures for Donor Relations.
- Conduct grant and donor research, as requested.
- Assist the Marketing Committee Chair with digital media content
- Review fundraising copy for style, accuracy, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files.
- Other duties as requested and assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
o Strong value and understanding of A Little Compassion’s non-profit mission, vision and impacts.
o 2-3 years of experience in fundraising, marketing, sales, or communications and/or training in a non-profit setting preferred.
o Experience working with volunteers preferred.
o Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and produce high quality and timely work.
o Demonstrated ability to manage projects, including the coordination of multiple simultaneous tasks.
o Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact.
o Demonstrated ability to work with others in a collaborative setting.
o Working knowledge of social/digital media.
o Experience with event management preferred.
o The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse constituencies.
o Effective time management, problem solving and organizational skills
o Working knowledge in: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, social media platforms, One-drive, Google Docs and Zoom.
o Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking systems preferred (i.e. NEON, Raiser’s Edge, Crescendo, MapPoint).
To be considered:
Send resume and letter of intent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position will remain posted until filled